A BRIEF HISTORY
Plumbers & Steamfitters Local 22 was formed when the three prominent locals of the United Association merged on October 1st, 1997. This local union has more than 100 years of service in the Western New York area. We are a proud union with a Western New York jurisdiction from the Canadian border to the Pennsylvania state line. Local 22 is a full-service union and supplies Journeypersons for such work as:
- Plumbing - Commercial, Industrial, Residential, and Service.
- Fabrication - All materials of piping (carbon steel, alloys, fiberglass), Skid Fabrication, also ASME Code Piping and Vessels.
- HVAC Installation & Service - Commercial, Industrial, Residential.
- Ammonia System Installation and Service
- Ice Skating Rinks
Local 22 supplies highly-qualified Journeypersons for our member contractors who maintain a high level of workmanship and quality. Our long track record of superior work comes from a strong union and our pro-active commitment of continued training for our member Journeymen and Apprentices. We are U.A. Plumbers & Steamfitters Local 22, we are proud of our past and dedicated to creating a bright future for our members, their families, our member contractors and all of Western New York.
- MANPOWER CAPABILITIES: 935 SKILLED CRAFT PERSONS
- Journeymen Steamfitters: 402
- HVAC/Refrigeration Technicians: 86
- Certified Welders: 194
- Certified Valve Repair Technicians: 3
- Journeymen Plumbers: 378
- Plumber/Steamfitter Apprentices: 155
- Licensed Master Plumbers: 20
JOURNEYMEN/APPRENTICE TRAINING PROGRAMS
MANDATORY APPRENTICE TRAINING PROGRAM
- 1,230 Hours of Classroom Instruction
- 10,000 Hours of On-The-Job Training
ADVANCED/SPECIALTY JOURNEYMEN TRAINING
- Blue Print Interpretation
- Medical Gas
- Orbital Welding
- CFC Recovery Certification
- Supervisor Responsibilities
- Plumbing Code
SAFETY TRAINING PROGRAMS
- 10 & 30 Hour OSHA Outreach Program
- 40-Hour OSHA Haz-Mat
- OSHA Confined Space
50-plus Signatory Contractors, All Mechanical Applications and Specialties.
We fabricate, install and service every aspect of the piping industry, from residential plumbing and heating to multi-million-dollar power houses.
Our journeypersons and apprentices service, install and protect the piping systems of Western New York.
Major Projects Associated With, To Name Just A Few:
- Albright-Knox Art Gallery in Buffalo
- Ralph C. Wilson Stadium in Orchard Park
- The General Motor Power Train Plant in Tonawanda
- The Seneca Niagara Casinos and Hotels in Niagara Falls and Salamanca
- The Southtowns YMCA
- The Jamestown (N.Y.) Ice Rink
"Together, with our union contractors, we are moving forward as a team, insuring the customer's project is of the highest quality at a competitive price."
- Local 22 Business Manager Michael McNally
Community and Charitable Involvement
- Habitat for Humanity
- Ronald McDonald House
- Make-A-Wish Foundation
"We do it right the first time."